Comment on page
Welcome to SmartBackup docs. SmartBackup is the solution for individuals or organizations who want to use the Industry’s leading platform for securing their Smartsheet data. SmartBackup has been designed from the start for gradual adoption, and you can use as little or as much of SmartBackup as you need.
Getting started with SmartBackup is very simple and could be achieved with three easy steps.
- 2.Configure user details so that SmartBackup knows which Smartsheet accounts to backup. This process differ for Enterprise Editions where in most part it is automated.
- 3.Run your first Backup or further customize scheduling and other options
When working with a Backup application like SmartBackup, it's important to be comfortable with the interface and to know how to perform basic tasks. Watch the video below to learn how to navigate the SmartBackup interface and do your first backup.
The demo will familiarise you with the interface ans show you how to create your first backup. It will also introduce you to the SETTINGS required to perform your first operations. Later in the video it introduces you to other data management operations like Archive and Export as well.
There are various reasons for having backups. In climbing, a backup can save your life, but with data, a backup can save your business.
- 1.More Smartsheet users means more people are sharing. People are not infallible. They make mistakes, and actually, they make them quite often. There’s no reason to fear this if you take frequent incremental backups.
- 2.The IRS and regulatory commissions really don’t care that you had a data disaster. All it means to them is that you’re not compliant and they can fine you. Ensuring that you’ve got an offsite backup of critical Smartsheet information can really save you if something goes wrong.
- 3.You are responsible for your Smartsheet data. In the event of a minor or even major mishap, having a backup means your operations can recover quickly.
- 4.As a Smartsheet Power user, you most likely know that Smartsheet provides a convenient backup capability, but the challenge comes when you want to recover from those backup copies and you realize that features like automations, column settings, forms, cell formats, links etc. cannot be recovered because the copy you have is limited and outside the Smartsheet environment. With SmartBackup, it's easy-peasy.
Let's take a look at some of the biggest threats to your Smartsheet data.
People come to SmartBackup from different backgrounds and with different learning styles. Whether you prefer a more theoretical or a practical approach, we hope you’ll find this section helpful.